For Example, Here Is a Site with Nearly 3,700 Paging And

Here you can talk about shenma search engine.
arijitkumar

For Example, Here Is a Site with Nearly 3,700 Paging And

Post by arijitkumar »

For example, here is a site with nearly 3,700 paging pages in one category… Excessive paging per set. The case study: general information, pagination configuration and indexing levels. Wedding Photo Editing The site I'm covering in this case study has a crawl footprint of around 200,000 pages (between indexed and excluded URLs). I can't go into detail about what the customer focus is on, but you can think of them as a site that provides a wealth of information on categories, organizations, products, and product reviews.

There is also a blog on the site with in-depth content focused on their niche. From a pagination perspective, there are quite a few on the site. This is mostly found on category, organization, and review pages. Since there are many products and reviews that are not well linked on the site (depending on how the business works), pagination is important for discovery (for Googlebot and for users). Wedding Photo Editing Because of this, we really wanted to make sure that the pagination was indexable and that Google could follow links on paginated URLs to product pages, review pages, etc. I've been helping this company for a long time and helped them develop their paging strategy as early as 2012.

They used the approach Maile Ohye described in the video I covered earlier. This is where each page in the pagination contained self-referencing canonical tags, contained rel next/prev (now deprecated), and provided solid textual navigation to the paginated series at the bottom of each page. Remember, this was the recommended configuration for a long time. Wedding Photo Editing The site has had this setup for years…and you can read more about this setup in my article on paging setup. Paginated URLs using self-referencing canonical tags. Indexing levels: Damn Batman pagination! Based on the amount of pagination on the site, this is currently a significant percentage of indexed URLs. To be precise, pagination accounts for 67% of the total indexed pages.